
From Paul:
The killdeer have reached the end of their time with us, as the chicks are hatched and running around (aren't you glad we don't have that to deal with as parents?). I thought it might be good to share these so the kids can see what we have been protecting under that elaborate structure. I'll have less photos to share once I return this super camera to the friend who loaned it to me ;-)
Killdeer in the schoolyard
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pdb206/sets/72157604592370453
Our annual visitors, the killdeer, have hatched (as of yesterday, April 16) and as they are precocial birds (ready to walk at birth), they will be moving on. One had gotten away from the nest, so I put it back, but as soon as I did, they all scattered. I know better now.
A selection of things from the set
The killdeer have reached the end of their time with us, as the chicks are hatched and running around (aren't you glad we don't have that to deal with as parents?). I thought it might be good to share these so the kids can see what we have been protecting under that elaborate structure. I'll have less photos to share once I return this super camera to the friend who loaned it to me ;-)
Killdeer in the schoolyard
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pdb206/sets/72157604592370453
Our annual visitors, the killdeer, have hatched (as of yesterday, April 16) and as they are precocial birds (ready to walk at birth), they will be moving on. One had gotten away from the nest, so I put it back, but as soon as I did, they all scattered. I know better now.
A selection of things from the set